Saturday 10 November 2012

Review: Avon Hello Kitty Onsie

 
Here's something you may not know about Hello Kitty, her real name is Kitty White and she's actually 38 years old this month ❤ So thought it would be fitting for me to write a post about one of my favourite Hello Kitty products.
 
Love 'em or hate them Onsies are everywhere. I've seen girls walking about in the supermarket in leopard print ones, polkadot print ones and even cow print. Now I don't know about you but I wouldn't be seen dead outside the home in a giant baby outfit but clearly there is a trend happening. I can't deny that the comfort of them isn't appealing though. Especially with the winter chill in the air. Snuggling up infront of the X Factor this rainy Saturday evening in a onsie and a cup of hot chocolate is VERY appealing.
 
The Hello Kitty brand is more popular with adults these days than children especially in Japan and the USA. When this Hello Kitty Onsie came out, sold by Avon, a couple of campaigns ago I had to have one. I've always avoided onsies for fear of my boyfriend running for the hills or worse thinking I look adorable! But when these went on sale I finally gave in and bought one. I would advise buying a size bigger though if you don't want to look like your wearing a catsuit. I had to return mine for a larger size.
 
They are £30 full price but are on offer in the Christmas campaign at only £20. I'm a size 16 but I wear the 18/20 so I can snuggle up in it. I do love the ears ツ  I wear the hood up whenever I'm wearing it so the ears are on show. The only down side and it is a small one is there aren't any feet. So I have to wear socks with it to avoid chilly tootsies. As my boyfriend pointed out though there is less chance of me giving him an electric shock. For those of you who have ever seen the episode of Family Guy where Peter wears a onsie you know what I mean ;)
 








Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 

7 comments:

  1. It looks really cute :) learn something everyday, never really knew who was behind hello kitty. I've not really been taken a back by the onies trend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em, you don't want to snuggle up in one? Here's some more info for you ^_^

      Hello Kittys Character is portrayed as British and her height is described as five apples and her weight as three apples. She is portrayed as a bright and kind-hearted girl, very close to her twin sister Mimmy. Thanxs Wiki ;)

      Delete
  2. so cute and cozy for the cold months!!
    check out my blog:
    http://www.amandamaria06.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of getting one for Christmas so thanks for the tip about getting a bigger size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Julia ❥ Feel free to check out my SHOP tab. I'm giving away a free Dazzlers Top Coat worth £3 with every online order xo

      Delete
  4. Hello Kitty is the cutest! I love all sanrio characters but Hello Kitty is my fave! The onsie is cute, i think i'll be putting it on my christmas wishlist! :-)

    ReplyDelete