Friday 18 January 2013

Five Minute Friday: Cherished


I came across a hashtag I hadn't seen before this morning on Twitter #FMFParty and I had to take a look. I then discovered a ladies blog http://lisajobaker.com/ The hashtag stands for Five Minute Friday. Bloggers post for 5 minutes flat about a set topic and they aren't allowed to edit of backtrack on their words. It's about the love of the written word and just letting it flow. I thought how beautiful and on this snowy Friday thought I would join in for the first time.


❤CHERISHED❤
 
Go
 
She waits for me so patiently. I walk through the door and she's there. She greets me with a rub and a purr. I bend to meet meet her and she lifts up. We bump our little noses together, like Eskimos, showing our happiness at each others presence.
 
I take off my shoes and coat and take my place in the armchair. She waits for me to pat my knee and jumps up so eager to be near. Her purring is louder now and I can't help but stroke her. She walks round and round my lap until she finds her sweet spot and collapses like she's been on her feet all day too. She does not sleep but instead pads my arm. It's like a sweet massage after a long hard day.
 
She stops and looks up at me. Blinks slowly and raises up to bump my nose again. I cherish my cat and the short 9 months we have known each other. My allergies no longer bother me. I thought I chose her at the animal shelter but I think she chose me.
 
STOP

 

 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

7 comments:

  1. so sweet! we've got three kitties and our kids are frantically trying to convince us to take them back to the states with us when we move in june...

    very happy you joined us this week. hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun❤ I thought it was such a lovely thing to do. Just to enjoy writing. I didn't edit a word :) xo

      Delete
  2. thanks for sending your link :) love your blog and I've just added you to my bloglovin (my gfc is playing up at the min and won't let me add people on there :( ) aww what a lovely idea! I'll have to try it next friday :)

    Hannah xx

    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading about it Hannah. Check back here to link your blog up on Friday xo

      Delete
  3. Hey I thought I would let you know I nominated you for a blogger award! http://builtlikeapinup.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/my-nomination-for-liebster-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle my love but if you look across to the left, a bit further up, you'll see I have already been nominated. Thanxs for the thought though hun your a star ✩

      Delete