Thursday 3 January 2013

Overweight at 28

Sorry for the rhyming title XD I play way too much Bingo. I HATE diets with a passion! The only time I have tried it was 4 years ago before I met my boyfriend. Well it wasn't so much a diet as it was a stop eating all together marathon. I lived off soup and crackers for nearly 2 months and exercised for an hour every day. I lost over a stone and felt great. But like all good things it had to come to an end. As soon as I went back on the chips I put it all back on plus double.
 
Since then I haven't been near a person on a diet nevermind done one myself. I have just avoided them completely. Everyone seems to be on a diet now. We all have that one friend who is on a diet and their favourite phrase is 'the diet starts tomorrow' everytime they slip up. They make you feel bad because your not on one. So basically calling you fat lol I am the first person to tell someone to embrace their CURVES. Mind you though when I say curves I mean these ones ➷

 

and not these .... ➷
 
 
*Shivers* the scary thing is I'm closer to the bottom photo than the top these days. I'm a size 16/18 and sometimes if I'm really lucky I can get into a size 14 in tops but it's a squeeze over my chest which is a 36G. I have a very unhealthy diet of mostly coke, take-aways, crisps and baked beans. I know! It's shocking!! So no surprising really that I'm the size I am. Right now at 10pm I have polished off a pack of crisps, several biscuits, quality street chocs and a yoghurt {Someone slap me}
 
So I guess it's time I did something about it. My boyfriend loves my big belly but it really is the part I hate most. I don't want to wobble when I walk. One of my New Years Resolutions was to be more active so the only way I'm going to do this is if I blog about it. That way I can't slack. What I'm going to do is keep this blog going. I don't want to fill up my blog with several posts about diets as I can't think of anything worse. So every time I reach a goal I'll update this post.
 
I will start with my stats. Below I have posted a most unflattering picture of my current state *Please don't laugh* Yes there is a double chin sneaking onto the photo {yuk} .. I have to do it to motivate myself to lose some weight. I'm going to do it gradually so don't expect daily updates ;)
 

                         __________________________________________________________

First day of diet weight control - I weighed myself on the Wii Fit at 17:30 Thurs 03/01 *cringe*

BMI - 29.68 (Overweight)
Wii Fit Age - 29 (((not bad :D)))
Weight - 12st 10lbs *hides behind sofa*
My ideal weight is apparently 9 stone 6lbs {never gonna happen}

GOAL - to lose 4lbs in 4 weeks... achievable? yes?? To some maybe, but to this cookie and chips monster I'm not so sure! Maybe if I get back on the Wii board & play some games?
*Looks longingly at ready salted crips* (っ◔‿◔)っ♡
 
I'd love to read about your New Year weight lose, maybe we can buddy up posts? ♥♥♥
           -------------------------------------------------

6/1/13

If I'm honest I still haven't done any exercise and my diet is...well...lets not go there yet. It's early days. My hardest thing to give up is toast. I have that every morning with a glass of milk instead of cereal. Something made me stop in my tracks before putting the bread in the toaster this morning. My boyfriend read out to me something his friend was circulating around facebook - Margarine is practically plastic! Although this is complete bull**** some things about Marg really are true and it'll have you reaching for the butter. Check out this blog post by Nourished Kitchen http://nourishedkitchen.com/food-wars-butter-vs-margarine/

Now I'm off to buy KerryGold xoxo

                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

20 comments:

  1. Good luck :), you'll do great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my blog. I have an awesome curry recipe on there that you dont need to feel guilty about!!
    Using pics as motivation is a really good idea.
    Lots of love Aimie xxx

    Www.aimievictoriassecrets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimie, I'll check your blog out. Unfortunately though I can't stand Curry :X sorry xo

      Delete
  3. Good luck Wenday :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wenday! Haha I'm sure thats a typo but it's cute ^_^ thanx Amie xo

      Delete
  4. Great post! Good luck, you can do it hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first diet post as I don't consider my blog a foodie one but it's the only way I can really motivate myself. Put my fat arse out across the web XD xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good luck ! I am at the same starting weight as you now and have just joined slimmimg world (again). I want to lose 2 stone :) I don't think I'd suit being too slim haha
    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want to buddy up Gem? I'd like to read any posts you write about your weight lose. We can motivate each other and share ideas via our posts :) xo

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous post - I love your honesty and warts and all approach! I've not made any New Year resolutions (on purpose) as such, just vague intentions, so that I stand a better chance of not feeling like a failure when I don't achieve some ridiculously ambitious list of ideals. (You can read about them on my blog, www.BeautyPassionista.co.uk)

    I would, however, like to lose a few kg (6kg to be exact) and I'd love to buddy up with you. I love that you're not going to be writing non-stop about the diet / weightloss, only when you've got something to say, that's exactly my approach too :)

    In any case, GOOD LUCK with it!!!
    Ambarina xXx
    ps I wish I had your boobs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ambarina, thank you for your lovely words. My boobs are huge and just get in the way but my boyfriend loves them so I can't complain.

      I'll check out your blog my dear and be sure to check back in so we can see how each other are going :) xoxo

      Delete
  7. I think your figure is glamorous, like an old-time movie star, and it's very brave of you to post your photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I love that we have the same initials :D WE!!!! I hide my belly under my skirt as thats my biggest feature ;) I've taken a photo of it but I'll only put it up if I have a better, flatter one beside it when I've lost weight :) xo

      Delete
  8. I am trying to lose 2 stone and finding it hard, and my partner is also trying to lose weight, and i have found the wii fit rubbish and so unreliable with the weighing, like will lose a pound and put it back one after the training. So found it hard to get mt true weight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you're finding it hard because your already at your true weight :) don't fight it my lovely. Just a few changes here and there to your diet will make all the difference. I'm not expecting miracles just to get fitter would be nice :D xo

      Delete
  9. yeah already changed diet, been told it is a myth to exercise to lose weight, I am not at true weight, I am borderline overwight/obese and am 12st somthing, and been told to lose at least 2 stone

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a lovely figure so I wouldn't stress too much about loosing weight. When I first started to diet, I went on the celebrity slim shakes for a week just to kick start things and I found it really helped. I was super hungry at first but then my stomach shrunk. I know a lot of people are raving about the 5:2 diet (look it up) and Paul McKenna hypnotherapy book/CD worked really well for my mam. I wish you luck and if you want someone to chat to about loosing weight, hit me up on twitter (@Roxysboxoftricks) or on my blog.
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete