Tuesday 5 February 2013

When you're gone ... R.I.P

It's been a tough few days for my partner and his family. His Grandad passed away this morning after a tumour was found last week. There was nothing more the doctors could do for him. Stuart was the last person to be with him before he passed. There is some comfort that can be taken in being able to say goodbye to the ones you love dear. It's a sad time when a family member dies, you don't know what to say to anyone.
 

His Grandad was such a comedian. I didn't know him for very long, just the 4 years that myself and Stu have been together. When I first met him I didn't know he was such a joker. I listened intently at his little story. I wish I could remember what the story was about now.  He got to the end of his story and made his punch line, that's when I knew the whole thing had been a joke and I feel for it, hook, line and sinker. I've never met someone who had such a great sense of humour. That will be how I remember him.

 
I lost my Nan a couple of years ago. She had a massive heart attack and it came as a surprise to everyone. Pappa said she just got up to go to the loo and the next minute she was on the floor, dead. It was about 10 in the evening when I got the call from my sister. I hadn't seen my Nan in months and never got the chance to tell her all the things I wanted to. I'm sure she knew how much we all loved her. My grandad got very sick and spent some time in and out of hospital afterwards. He's a strong cookie though and pulled through.
 

 
 
 
 
This song by Alter Bridge never mean't much to me when I first heard it. They played at the UEA and I think were one of the first bands I saw with Stu. Now though I can't help but listen to it without thinking of my Nan.
 
I'm sorry to post such a topic but I find talking about death always helps, even if it's just typed. I would like to hear your stories of love and loss.
 
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a heartfelt post Wendy. My thoughts are with yourself, Stu & his family during this tough time. Going through hard times like this only makes a person stronger. I lost my Nanny almost 3 years ago now and she was someone who was always there for me no matter what and who I spent a lot of time with, not just as a child but just generaly in my life. She was someone I could talk to about anything and I just loved being around her. When she passed away, it was like the whole ground had come crashing down around me, however I took comfort in knowing that despite her not being unwell and simply dying in her sleep due to old age that I had spoken to her the night before just on the off chance and told her that I love her. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess. At times like this I'm glad I have my blog to air my feelings xoxo

      Delete
  2. Bless you and your family through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete