Saturday 4 May 2013

Benefit they're Real! mascara reviewed


If I had a pound for every time I've heard about this mascara I'd be rich! In fact it's so incredibly popular that's it's the UK's No.1 Bestselling Mascara. I have naturally long lashes so find most mascaras just thicken rather than lengthen them I was hesitant to spend £19.50 on a product which I thought would do the same job. But O..M..G does this live up to the hype! I was over the moon with the results and haven't stopped using it. I slather this all over my lashes for every event and it's become a staple in my makeup bag.

The blurb - Why we love it

They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!
What else you need to know:
  • 94% saw dramatic length & volume**
  • 90% saw base-to-tip curl**
  • 94% saw visible lift* 100% saw long-wearing results**
  • 100% saw long-wearing results**
*Source: The NPD Group. Value and Unit Line sales of the Total Prestige Mascara Makeup segment for 2012 Jan to Dec
**Results observed in a consumer panel survey

The unique brush tip has been a godsend. I like to use the tip to get into the corners and separate them to their full potential. No more buying separate mascaras for different uses: lengthen, separate, curl, smudge-proof and volume all rolled into one! When you think about it it's actually a bargain! I'd normally spend between £6-£10 on one mascara and if I wanted one that done each of these it would end up costing me near on £50. Oh and did I mention it lasts ages? I had to use makeup remover to get it off as it wouldn't budge without :D a bonus in my books.

So if you haven't bought this already it's time to head to your nearest Benefit counter. Mine was in Debenhams, Norwich. You can buy yours online from http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/ xo

_______________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 21/09/2013
 
I have been wearing this mascara for some time now and can say this is most definitely the best mascara by far. It seperates my lashes like no other and doesn't look clumpy. I haven't been able to find a darker mascara either. The only down side? It has a tendency to smear under my eyes when I'm wearing a concealer. I feel it may be the moisturising properties the of concealer which makes the mascara on my bottom lashes side. The only way I've found to stop this happening is to apply some powder but then that settles into my fine lines. If anyone knows who to stop this I would really appreciate the help.
 




 

8 comments:

  1. I love this mascara! Elle magazine currently have a free sample with their june magazine :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that Ame! I may have to nip out and get that, can never have enough ;) xo

      Delete
  2. I love this mascara too and was just taking photos of it for an upcoming post :D this mascara with eyelash curlers, amazing! :) love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo come back and link me to that once your done hunni :) xo

      Delete
  3. I've read so many great reviews on this mascara, but the Sephora birthday freebie was crap! I suspect the full-size version is where the money is and the samples are sub-par.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loveeeeee this mascara, it's amazing! It transforms my lashes and makes them look decent for a change xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on my second one of these, I love it soo much
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xx

    ReplyDelete