Wednesday 17 July 2013

Eyes Lips Face (e.l.f) cosmetics haul

 
 
I do love a good haul. Some may say my hauls are considered on the small side but to me a haul is a haul no matter how many products you buy or where you buy them from. I am very much an online shopper now that I'm working Monday to Friday. I simply don't have the energy to go walking round the shops, battling the crowds on a Saturday, only to find the products I wanted are sold out (swearing under my breath). Or when the leggy red head reaches over my shoulder and picks up the last palette just as I'm deciding to buy (my biggest pout crossing my face).
 
I am also the biggest bargain hunter and name Make up Academy, Avon and e.l.f as my fav brands. Not surprisingly e.l.f was the first brand of makeup I bought when I was just a teen. The cost of their makeup is beyond cheap. I always assumed that the product had to be bad for it to be that cheap (how wrong was I). It turns out that by sourcing the best ingredients but using the internet for branding rather than advertising and keeping their products exclusively online they in turn highly reduce the amount the consumer has to part with. They also have regular offers/discounts running.
 
Haul Contents -
 
Eyeliner brush £1.50
Kabuki Face brush £6
Eyeshadow brush £1.50
Small Angled brush £3.75
All Over Colour Stick in Lilac Petal £1.50
HD Powder £6
2x Eyebrow Lifter & Filler in Medium & Light £3.75
Mineral lip Liner in Peachy £3
 
I can't get enough of the High Definition Powder in translucent. It's a great dupe for Make up Forevers HD Powder. It creates a "soft focus" effect and masks imperfections on the skin as well as setting foundation. To apply just roll onto a blush brush and sweep in a downwards motion onto the face. Eyebrow Lifter and Filler is highly pigmented: the 'lift' end of the pencil has light-reflecting pigments. Apply this directly under the brow and blend well to enhance the shape. The 'fill' end acts as a shader to define your brow further. It also has a cute pencil sharpener in the lid but I haven't got on well with it, instead preferring my double sharpener from Avon. The Kabuki face brush is anti bacterial, synthetic haired and the softest brush I've had the pleasure to use. It buffs powder into the skin with flawless, precise coverage. You wouldn't expect from low priced brushes the quality that these all have, not one bristle shedded while I was applying or when I cleaned them (several times).
 
If you would like to get your hands on any of these products or more you can buy from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
 
 
 






Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 

11 comments:

  1. I uploaded a haul too, if you'd like to take a look it's on my youtube channel 'thebeautyblogx1' :)

    Alexa

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love elf. I just did a haul from them this past week they had a 50% off sale. Icantwait for all my goodies to come in the mail. I do have to say I feel like elf is a hit or miss brand. If theirproducts are good they're amazing, but if they're bad they're terrible. I love their brushes. You made a good choice getting those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree you really have to choose wisely xo

      Delete
  3. I owned the kabuki brush and the HD powder too! I gotta say I love the kabuki but not so much with the powder...overall I think ELF is a great brand! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I've been curious about the HD powder (not that I have any need for more finishing powders for the next several years or anything)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Wendy :) thanxs for reading xo

      Delete
  5. I've never heard about it...but they look so soft and good. Wanna try.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool, i have never tried their brushes!1 will look out for some next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love elf products! What product is your fav?
    Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete