Saturday 10 August 2013

My 29th Birthday

 
I celebrated my 29th birthday on the 8th August. It will be one of my least memorable ones. Despite my boyfriend and sisters attempts to take my mind of my circumstances at the moment it was always at the back of my mind. You see I've been temporally laid-off for the past 3 weeks and I've been quite stressed out about it. I've looked for other work and had interviews without any success. I've come close to signing on to job seekers twice. The problem is I have too much pride to do so and I somehow feel like I've failed if I do, plus because of my partners income (not much) I wouldn't receive a whole lot from job seekers and it would probably cause me more stress.
 
I am so lucky to have people around me who support and love me. My friends have been keeping their eyes peeled for jobs, no matter how small and my boyfriend has been my rock. He too was recently in the same position so can empathise. The day before my birthday we went out for a meal at Zaks followed by a walk in the country side. My sister and my niece took me swimming on my birthday followed by chips down Yarmouth. Yesterday my boyfriend treated me to the cinema and my good friend Sheena gave me a free luxury facial.
 
It was yesterday when I started to perk up. I started to feel like I finally had a direction. The facial was for Sheena's exam (which she passed!) and the tutor was full of ideas on how this was the best time for me to concentrate on building a business within the beauty industry. We even discussed myself and Sheena working together. I slept well for the first time in 3 weeks.
 
Today I have been researching about grants and setting about hosting a party with friends to build my portfolio. I've even found a photographer who's looking to build her portfolio too and willing to help me out. I'm feeling optimistic about the next few months and it's all thanx to my support network. My friends are so important to me. You guys on here too! It was my blogging friends who were first to say Happy Birthday :D thank you!
 
My boyfriend bought me my first Naked palette which I'm looking forward to reviewing soon for you all. Stay well my friends.






Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 



Beauty Reflection - Happiness and your skin

It has been noted scientifically that when your emotionally happy, your heart gets more excited, pumping more blood through out your body, plus your body releases additional hormones and thus your blood vessels dilate more towards your skin surfaces, and resulting your skin feeling flush and 'glowing
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday hun, hope things start to get better for you soon!!

    Lianne
    http://thebrunettesays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! It sounds like this year is going to turn out just great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday and good luck and positive thoughts your way on the job hunt

    ReplyDelete