Sunday 18 August 2013

Urban Decay Naked Palette and Primer


 
 
It's the palette bloggers rave about and how I know about it. It's THE Naked Palette! I'm ashamed to say that I only know about this palette through my use of the MUA 'dupe'. It was when I was researching for a budget palette that I saw it's likeness to UDs Naked.
 
After a year of blogging I have become more and more interested in Urban Decays products. I even applied to work on their Norwich Debenhams counter and completed an audition, but alas I didn't get a call back. I admire their courage for backing out of China and staying a Cruelty Free brand. There is much they will gain from this from their customers. Other brands need to step it up to their level.
 
It was on my audition that I first used the Naked Palette (I know, I know it's been out for years but it's still out of my price range, hence why I only found out about it while searching for MUA's palette). After I had a model seated I selected three colours from the palette to create a new look for her, for which I chose Virgin, Naked & Sidecar. Now let me tell you these were a DREAM to work with! I used the accompanying brush to apply the eyeshadows and found I only needed one swipe from each to get the exact same colour from the palette. They glided on like velvet, I haven't used any other eyeshadows like it. They were easy to layer and blend and the overall look was subtle, perfect for a day look and easily re-creatable by the model herself.
 
My favourite colours from the palette are Sin, Naked and Buck. I would happily purchase these alone. The palette is made up of 12 shades, 8 are very neutral and represent the palette name perfectly, and 4 are more darker and create a welcome colour hit, perfect for creating drama and depth.
 
Colours & my opinion (not Gospel)
 
Virgin - A light basic nude with shimmer, looks great as a highlighter for your brow bone or corner of your inner eye. Looks fab on pale skin.
 
Sin - Pink champagne with a frost, this makes for a beautiful evening nude
 
Naked - Matte, light beige and my go to for a light base to build upon
 
Sidecar - Shimmer, medium bronze which I used on my face chart above
 
Buck - This has to be my favourite colour from the palette. Matte, medium brown and the texture is oh so creamy
 
Half Baked - Warm copper, metallic, I'm going to be using this a lot in Autumn
 
Smog - A deep bronze with shimmer, a good basic crease shadow
 
Darkhorse - a deep brown with a slight shimmer (also used on the above facechart)
 
Toasted - Pink/brown shimmer and looks amazing on a skin with blue undertones
 
Hustle - slightly on the plum side of brown, shimmer
 
Creep - Black with a gold shimmer, terrific for blending near the lash line over eyeliner for a smokey appearance
 
Gunmetal - Shimmer for certain but is it blue or is it grey? It's a beautiful colour and not like any grey shadow I've seen, simple stunning to look at
 
I feel the packaging reflects it's contents, even though it's not a classic UD case and not in keeping with the rest of the brand, I think the velvet cover shows off the temptation of the velvety shades beneath it. The palette also comes with a miniature Eyeshadow Primer Potion (cute!). It looks quite beige when applied but once it's rubbed in (see above photos) it's clear and acts like a stable base for the eyeshadows, keeping them in place all day. The brush, also supplied is quite stiff in comparison with other eyeshadow brushes I've used but ideal with these shadows. I tried using it on other branded shadows and it doesn't give the same effect. It's given with this palette for a reason, use it :)
 
For £36 it's at the high end of my budget and I was unable to purchase, which is why I asked for it for my birthday ;) I hope you enjoyed my review as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would love to review the brow box and Face Pore Perfecting Primer in the future, hopefully before my next birthday ;)






Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 

1 comment: