Saturday 7 September 2013

Top 6 Highlighters and concealers 2013


Don't you just love highlighters and concealers. My makeup bag just isn't complete without them. I'm sharing with you today my top 6 which are staples in my daily routine. They range in prices so there's something for everyones budget. You have probably heard of most of them and even use them yourself.

1. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat - The original highlighter
This little beauty is known by women everywhere. If you haven't used it you will more than likely have used many of it's dupes. It is light in a pen! It sculpts, enhances, brightens, conceals and refreshes your complexion. I use it high on the cheek bones, under-eyes and bridge of my nose to help sculpt my face. I use to use it all over my face but that got a tad expensive at £21.50 a pop (price from feelunique.com).

2. Avon Ideal Flawless Concealer
Lightweight and oil-free plus this concealer is highly pigmented. It has the best coverage for those pesky imperfections. It's really cheap to at just £7! Even better though is that as it's Avon there is usually an offer on which makes it even cheaper. I bought mine for just £4. You just have to hold out for the offers which change every 3 weeks via their website.

3. Benefit Concealer Fakeup - light
This cutie has a concealing core surrounded by a hydrating ring which is infused with vitamin E and apple seed extract. It's best used under the eyes to cover dark circles. It boosts 6 hours of crease-control. I have put this to the test and can say that even on my oily skin it did not budge for about 8 hours! I will be using mine sparingly though as at £18.50 it's a pricey concealer.

4. ELF Eyebrow lift and fill
Who would have thought that this product would make by highlighting list? It's actually the lift end that I want to mention. It's a sheer, light-reflecting pencil which lifts the arch of our brow's appearance. Not only that though, I use it in the corner of my eyes to make them appear brighter and wider. At a small £3.75 it's a must have.

5. L'Oréal Paris Lumi Magique Touch of Light Highlighting Pen
If you adore YSL Touche Eclat but your budget doesn't stretch then this is your next best option at just £7.25. I have been using this more and more and to be honest I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between the two pens. Touche Eclat is better at creating defined sculpture but because the Lumi pen is so cheap I can use it all over my face.

6. Benefit High Beam
What makes this stand out against the rest is it's pink glow. If you want that healthy glow from a highlighter then High Beam has it. It has a sheen to it so it's best kept high on your cheeks and a little goes a long way. £19.50 for 13ml








Follow my blog with Bloglovin   Twitter  Facebook  SheSaidBeauty  Instagram 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've only just started using a highlighter under my brown and am amazed what a difference it makes. I am going to look up some YouTube tutorials to learn how to use these more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YSL Touche Éclat is and always has been my holy grail concealer/highlighter, it is expensive but it lasts ages I find!

    Demi | Kiss & Makeup

    ReplyDelete