Saturday 26 October 2013

David Bowie Makeover

 
FACE! How big does my face look in these pictures. A rare chance to see me close up and playing about with makeup. So why David Bowie? He played a big part in my life in my early 20s. I wouldn't leave the house without his music on my ipod. I love his quirky, androgynous look and his eyes entrance me.


I was inspired by his makeup in the Labyrinth for my theme and without any planning I put brush to skin and started playing. I like working this way on myself, the enjoyment of colours coming together to create something unique. Some may say it's a waste of product and I should use a face chart first. I find working that way very restrictive when I need inspiration. When I'm preparing for a photoshoot I have to use face charts otherwise the makeup would be different everytime. On myself though I enjoy letting the products flow and see what happens.
 
I started my blanking out my corner eyebrows (see my tutorial post). Eyebrows are my favourite part of a look; they change the entire look with just a flick or a pluck. The colours for they eyes and lips , I were very much influenced by Lichtenstein's pop art creations.
 
Products used (I'm on a budget remember)
 
Benefit Porefessional
Pritt Stick
MAC Face & Body Foundation
Avon Ideal Flawless concealer
Fero colour correcting concealer
E.L.F HD Translucent powder
MUA Poptastic Palette
Avon True Colour Awakening Quad
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Topshop Lipstick in Boom Boom
Topshop Lip Pencil
 
I was so busy playing with my eyes I forgot to do any contouring or use blusher. And that folks is why you use a face chart. Nevermind, I feel the overall look came out better than I expected. I edited the final images by changing the colour of my left eye, brightening and adding  background. I used www.picmonkey.com What really finalised this creation for me was the wig which was from eBay and when I showed the images to my boyfriend he had no idea it was me.
 
You can see the final photos on my portfolio page.
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment