Wednesday 16 October 2013

Spending Ban Collaboration #2

Paint the UK Pink
 
It's been a few days since I started my spending ban and it's all calm at sea so far. I was absolutely GUTTED when I was contacted by my favourite blogger Tattooed Tea Lady via twitter yesterday. Turns out a space had become available at the Nottingham bloggers meet. I knew I couldn't afford to go (it's a 3hr 30min drive) and if I could afford petrol the shopping alone would be too much temptation. I've never been to one of her meet ups before but read all about them. Guess where I am today?

 
I'm actually in Nottingham today! Not for the shopping though. My boyfriend and I have had tickets to go see Alterbridge, Shinedown and Halestorm at the FM Arena since February. We have seen them all separately but not together in an arena! This will be the third time we're seen Shinedown. If you're a fan please leave a comment because most people don't even know who they are.
 
I had to do my weekly shop on Monday, this is where I normally give in and buy beauty products I don't need. The health and beauty isles are full of temptation. I have been using more ingredients from my kitchen to make my own products which has saved a little bit of money - Check out my Acne Treatment mask. I thought I'd use this post to share some money saving tips with you from pros to help you avoid temptation --
 
"If you're on a budget, use online videos and learn how to do your makeup at home. Just remember to practice the night before a big event!"
-Lauren Conrad, Co-Founder, TheBeautyDepartment.com
 
"If you've dropped a powder blush that can't be pressed into shape again, pour the remnants into a small container and give it a shake. As long as you have a brush, you can still use it as loose powder."
-Annie Tomlin, Senior Editor, BellaSugar.com 
 
"When your hair is oily and needs a pick-me-up, try baby powder instead of reaching for an expensive dry shampoo. It will absorb grease without leaving hair sticky. The trick is to use a bristle brush to prevent any white patches."
-Blair Fowler, JuciyStar07 on YouTube and Co-Editor of ElleandBlair.com
 
I love finding out how others save money, even the celebs cut corners now and again. I'll share some more tips in my next post. How is everyone else found the first few days of their ban?


Looking for a new blog to read? Check out my lovely Barbie Rose Package Advertiser: Rara Rouge








Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment