Sunday 10 November 2013

Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

 
This primer has been around for some time now. I believe it was actually the first primer I ever tried. I found a sample in a magazine and proceeded to try it out. My first impressions were why is it so great, I can't see anything!? Little did I know back then about how this primer was going to transform my makeup routine.
 
So what is a primer? A primer is a base product; the first step in your makeup routine. You apply it before foundation but now most primers can be worn alone too. They create a smooth and even canvas for you to work your magic on. Some primers can colour correct, some have tints, and some even fight breakouts.
 
So why do I love Smashbox Photo Finish Primer? I use it on models and clients who are going to be infront of a camera. It prevents flashback and stops your skin looking shiny. It's an oil-free primer which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish. I know I can use this on models with oily skin and it will stay put. Due to it's blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea (known for it's antioxidants) won't break out your skin. I find I use a lot of it due to it's consistency. If it were lighter though it probably wouldn't leave an even finish.
 
As with any makeup and primer remove ALL traces of it from your face before bed. If you don't cleanse, tone and moisturise properly you are essentially blocking your pores and this will lead to breakouts.
 
Overall I give this primer a 5 out of 5! It does exactly what it says and worth every penny. I want to try the other primers in this range too but not sure I can stray from the original as I love it so much.









Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment