Tuesday 12 November 2013

Take a Look at Me Now by Miranda Dickinson


A MUST READ!!!!

I wasn't planning on buying another book but when I was walking down the entertainment isle in Tesco, there on the top self was a new book (published Oct 2013). It called out to me with it's title 'Take a look at me now' and the blurb drew me in like a basket of kittens...

Back Cover
 
How far would you go to make a new start? Heart-warming and romantic, Take a Look at Me Now will make you laugh, cry and cheer Nell on from start to finish.
What a difference a day makes…
Nell Sullivan has always been known as ‘Miss Five-Year Plan’. But when she finds herself jobless and newly single on the same day, Nell decides it is time to stop planning and start taking chances.
Nell blows her redundancy cheque on a trip of lifetime to a place where anything is possible – San Francisco. There she meets a host of colourful characters, including the intriguing and gorgeous Max. Very soon the city begins to feel like Nell’s second home.
But when it’s time to return to London, will she leave the ‘new Nell’ behind? And can the magic of San Francisco continue to sparkle thousands of miles away?
 
Miranda Dickinson, author, has hit a pot of gold with this heart warming book. In a time when many people are out of work and struggling to get back on the ladder this book comes in and endears itself to the reader. Most of us can sympathise with Nell and her journey. I myself have never been made redundant but my boyfriend has twice and it's not pleasant.
 
Every part of me wanted to jump on that plane and travel to San Francisco myself. It's actually become my first destination on my travelling wish list. I'm currently unemployed and trying to start up my own business as a Makeup Artist. Like Nell it was a secret for sometime but eventually you have to stop saying "I'm thinking about doing.." and start saying "I AM starting my own business." Life throws us curve balls and sometimes we just have to go with the flow and take every opportunity as a chance to move forward. They aren't always the right path but if we don't try we'll never know.
 
I read this book in three sittings. I just couldn't wait to find out what path Nell took and why. The twist in the love story (I won't spoil it if you haven't read the book already) didn't actually matter too much to me. I was more intrigued by her journey into another path of work. I felt close to her, as if a part of Nell was in me. When I finished reading I didn't want to put the book down. I'd love to see a second book - Does her business succeed? What obstacles does she have to overcome? And does her heart truly belong in San Francisco?








Image Map

4 comments:

  1. I just put this on my Goodreads list. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great read! xx

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me curious abot this book :) Thanks for the tip!!
    xo,
    Luchessa.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read! So much so I'm reading it again :D xoxox

      Delete