Sunday 10 November 2013

Teenage Dreams Tag

Image not my own - credit goes to Timberlake Youth
 
The weekend is coming to a close too soon. For most people it will be back to work/school/college tomorrow. Are you doing what you thought you would be doing at your age? Are you living the dream? I have created this tag to find out more about my readers, your dreams and aspirations. Maybe you're 16 and life is really just starting for you or perhaps your heading into your 30s like myself and reflecting back at youth past. I have created a few questions to make you think and look forward to reading your answers.
 
Rules: Answer both the questions honestly and tag 8 people who you think would like to continue the tag. Always give credit to the person who you found the tag from. Simples (◡‿◡✿)


 
1. What were you doing when you were 14?
 
When I was 14, going on 15, I was spending my summer off school travelling around Germany, France and Holland with my family for 6 weeks. It was a time in my life I'll never forget. We camped the whole time but as we were with my Granparents who had a caravan we would sneak in there during the day to play cards. I had just finished Year 10 (my birthday is in August, second youngest in my year) and wasn't looking forward to my GCSE year. I was sitting in the car one rainy afternoon on our campsite and writing in my diary. I was listening to the radio and suddenly a song came on I'd never heard of. It was Aerosmith and Run DMC - Walk the Way. I was in love! They have been my favourite band ever since.
 
2. If you could go back what would you tell your 14 year old self?
 
Enjoy this time with your friends. Don't be so focused on boys! They come and they go, you will lose friends over them but you'll make new friends and new boyfriends. You'll do average in your GCSE's but it's ok to be average. Don't skip class it's a slippery slope which you will continue into college and work.
Age 17 will be the last time you go on holiday with your family make the most of it. DON'T insist your boyfriend goes along. You'll spend the whole holiday trying to get away from him and miss out on the amazing experience and precious time with your family.
You'll drop out of college not once but twice but it's ok because you'll succeed the third time. During that time though try your hand a volunteering. It's not as bad as you think it is. Working for free and gaining experience is invaluable and in your 20s it will be what you talk about most often.
You are shy right now, it's ok, you won't always be. You will learn how to talk to people because you'll teach yourself. Confidence comes with age. So for now focus on your friends, work hard and travel more.
 
 
I tag the following people -
 
Louisa @ RaraRouge
Amie @ Belle-Amie
Hannah @ PalindromePoppet
Sophia @ TattooedTeaLady
Jessie @ TheBodeBoutique
Vikki @ VictoriaJane
 








Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment