Thursday 6 February 2014

Pro Beauty Warpaint 2014 Inspiration




On the 24th Feb at 13:30 I'll be hard at work creating a beautiful hair and makeup on a wonderful model. This is because I have entered Professional Beauty Warpaint Competition 2014. This will not just be the first time I've been to this event but also my first competition as a makeup artist.

I have entered into the Edit category which is all about creating a flawless makeup perfect for a photoshoot. It will be looked at very closely by the judge who has now been announced as Dani Guinsberg - one of the UK’s leading make-up artists whose work features regularly in magazines such asBritish VogueTeen VogueGQEsquireStella MagazineES Magazine,British Cosmopolitan and British Marie Claire.

The theme I have to work with is Summer Holiday. For me this conjures up images of family holidays I. Great Yarmouth and Cromer, sitting on the pier eating ice cream, sweets and candy floss - I had such a sweet tooth! Without giving too much away my inspirations are above (photos taken from Pinterest, find the links on my boards). My colour palette will be soft pastels and hair will be big and bouncy. I'll also be doing nails. The only thing I haven't really thought about is clothing. Ideally I love for a student to create something for me as I love helping others get exposure too, time however isn't on my side.

Please wish me luck, I feel I may need it at such a big event. What does the theme Summer Holiday conjur up for you?

oX Wendy Xo

4 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK! I love the color palette in these photos, it looks so sweet and soft and perfect for a summer vacation. I can't wait to see your finished entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igood luck x...one more tip Wendy :) judges likes nice clear story behid moodboeard about inspirations..e.g. pick one work, of one photographer or MUA or other artist that inspired you the most. and explain what exactly inspired you.. hope that will helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanx Dorota :D Your tips really are helping ^-^ Do I need to take my mood board with me for the Edit catagory? xo

      Delete
  3. Well, I haven't read trough 2014 rules as I am not taking part in this year but so far all categories have being showing mood boards. Go trough competition pack to double check. I personally would recommend to take it with you X

    ReplyDelete