Saturday 15 March 2014

Candy Nails


I love creating beautiful nail designs for photo shoots. These nails were for my competition in London. Unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't get to use them. They have been kept safe though for when I  can do my candy photo shoot coming up soon.

I started by using double sided tape and sticking each nail to a cotton bud. I find it the easiest way to apply nail varnish without mess. I used 3 colours and created an ombré effect. First I painted the nails white and then painted the orange colour directly onto a sponge. The sponge was rolled back and forth across the nail for a light faded edge. Then I repeated the action with the pink, each time allowing for drying in between. Last but not least I glued some hundreds and thousands to each corner. I would have liked to have done the reverse corner for the other hand but forgot.

To keep the nails safe during transport I used my Benefit box, filled with cotton wool. Who'd have thought that tiny box which use to house my eye shadows would come in handy?! 

oX Wendy Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment