Thursday 14 May 2015

Changes to my blogs URL and name

Welcome to Bumpkin, Broke and Reading! 

Yes, that's right, I did it! I committed a blog sin and changed my name and URL. It's something I've been needing to do for a long time. My originally address was WendyEnglandMua.blogspot.co.uk and my name Wendy England MUA. Since deciding to take my life in a different direction, as a career in makeup just didn't seem for me, my blog has been neglected. It took some time but thanks to a #bbloggers & #crazybloggers chat on Twitter I found my new identity and simplified my life.

My blog is still a lifestyle and beauty genre, that hasn't changed. I simply changed my name (not birth name obvs, I'm still Wendy England) and URL. Upon doing this I have found a few things which I think every blogger who's going through the same needs to know, and do, so their blog doesn't get lost on Google.

I use blogspot so the following will be tailored for that (sorry if you use another platform):
  1. Sign in to blogger.com 
  2. Under Settings on the left, click Basic.
  3. Edit your URL in the Blog Address box & hit save
  4. Write a post to say you have changed URL & name
  5. Contact Bloglovin team on http://tinyurl.com/pkh3fr3 (quick link) and tell them about your change and ask to move your followers to new URL.
  6. Update all your social networks with your new URL address
Have I missed anything? 

It is really scary changing a blogs address because there's always the worry that nobody will be able to find you. Naturally you have to grow all over again to be seen on Google. Until people start viewing your blog through its new URL then Google won't recognise you.

What do you think of the new name?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment