Friday 15 May 2015

From Brunette to Blonde with Bleach London


Another bleach, another ruined hair colour? Maybe not. I've gone and bought Total Bleach by Bleach London and despite being too scared to use it I did it anyway. It sat in my draw for some time before I plucked up the courage to use it but it was worth it.

I've been brunette for 2 years and it was getting kinda boring, I missed my blonde hair. I had some highlights already so I was worried bleaching might totally dry my hair out. I needn't have worried. 

So about the kit: The gloves were made for gorilla hands and the mixing tub for a child's. They need to have a look again at those. I found the mixture incredibly dry and although I have short hair one box wasn't enough. It was though very gentle on my scalp, I felt a slight tingle to start with but after 45 minutes I'd got used to it.

The bleach only lifts 7 shades so I expected to have some ginger bits. I kinda ended up looking like a flame, my roots were bright blonde! I did buy Bleach London White Toner so I tried that in the hope it would tone down the redness. It didn't. I wasn't totally unhappy about it as it did lift most of the brunette buildup from my hair and the generous conditioner turned my hair into a soft marshmallow. I wouldn't recommend doing this if your hair is already damaged. My hair has taken some beating in the past but it hasn't seen bleach in over 2 years so could handle this bleach bashing and come out strong.



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment