Saturday 23 May 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road Review



One word - INTENSE! This movie has no low points, it starts revved up and stays fuelled until the very end. Having not seen the original Mad Max, despite being a Mel Gibson fan, I had no idea what to expect with this film. It pounded my senses and left me wanting several more hours of footage. I was excited to hear that Tom Hardy has already signed up to 3 more films.

Hardy as Max Rockatansky was the typical action hero but almost became a prop with the chase taking centre stage. Charlize Theron, Furiosa, was at her best with every look from her full of emotion. It always amazes me how she can show so much through emotion alone, an incredible actress. 

The lack of dialogue doesn't set this film back, it helps with the flow of the film and kept the action at the forefront. Director George Miller had a storyboard before the screenplay was even written because he envisioned one continuous race. This works well visually and makes a feast for the eyes while the score replaces the lack of conversations.

Amazingly over 80% of the effects seen in the film are real which is a nice break from the over-saturated CGI used nowadays. Mainly CGI was used for Theron's prosthetic arm and ofcourse the amazing weather formations. I'm so use to seeing drab colours on the screen when it comes to dystopian films but this was vivid and beautiful. This is a must see in the cinema and I really want to see it again!

I know everyone told me I should see this is 3D but I prefer my movies in 2D and the experience really wasn't any less, just cheaper. 

Fav Quote: Feels like hope.

Cinema: Odeon Norwich

 

No comments:

Post a Comment